2020 Creative Producing Lab and Fellowship: Feature Film Application—Essay Questions
1. How and why did you originate/become attached to this project? What drives you, as a producer, to want to tell this particular story?
2. What have you done so far to try to get this movie made, and what is the current status of the project? Tell us about your ideas for moving the project forward into production, from both creative and strategic perspectives. (If you are reapplying with a project previously submitted, please explain how the draft and/or project has evolved since we last saw it.)
3. Describe your approach to further developing this screenplay, as well as working with your writer (or writer/director) as a creative team.
4. Where do you see this project fitting into today’s market? Who is the audience you are hoping to reach, and how will you persuade a potential investor/collaborator/supporter that your film can find that audience?
5. Please briefly explain your role and responsibilities in your previous producing credits (including associate producer, co-producer, and executive producer credits). For each credit, please also indicate the format of the work (i.e., short film, feature, or episodic; fiction or nonfiction).
6. What has drawn you to producing independent films? What skills and experiences do you bring to the task—from life, education, and hands-on experience? Tell us something about your background and values as they relate to your desire to produce films independently.
7. What movie has had the most profound impact on your life and why?