2021 WIF x Sundance Institute Financing Intensive
Welcome to the application to the 2021 WIF x Sundance Institute Financing Intensive! Every year, Women at Sundance and WIF Los Angeles present a Financing Intensive designed to help women filmmakers craft stronger pitches; hone their presentation skills; formulate actionable, strategic steps to meaningfully advance and fund their projects; and interface with potential financiers and partners. A curated group of artists from Sundance Institute programs and WIF’s membership are invited to attend. The Financing Intensive takes place in Los Angeles and transitioned to a virtual platform in 2020 along with the rest of the Institute’s programs, as a result of the pandemic. During this critical time for women filmmakers, we will continue to offer this vital program in an online format for 2021.
July 13–15, 2021
For questions about this application or the intensive, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who is eligible to apply?
Please note this application is by invitation only. Additional eligibility information is below:
1) Applicants must have a strong feature-length documentary or fiction project actively seeking financing.
2) Applicants must be emergring producers - who identify as women or non-binary - and are the lead producer of the project. Priority will be given to projects that have a woman producer and director at the helm.
3) Producer-director teams are welcome to apply. If a producer is the primary applicant, there must be a director attached to the project. This is a producing-intensive clinic, and that skill set will be required.
4) Producers must have produced and completed at least one short and/or feature-length narrative or documentary film.
5) If submitting a fiction project, applicants must submit a full script. If submitting a hybrid project, applicants must submit a treatment. If submitting a nonfiction project, applicants must submit a link (and password if applicable) to sample footage.
6) Applicants must have the ability and willingness to discuss that project in small groups composed of fellow filmmakers and high-level advisors.
7) This clinic will not be appropriate for highly seasoned filmmakers. First-time feature filmmakers with strong projects are encouraged to apply, as are midcareer artists who would benefit from pitching, financing, and strategic counsel.
What is the timeline for this program?
Applications close on May 11, and final selections will be determined by mid-June. The intensive will take place in mid-July.